We are thrilled to announce that the Academy program has been remodeled to fit the new format of GFest Online 2020. This year, the program will take the form of a 4-day online event for students age 16–21 (Academy I) and 22–30(Academy II).
ALL GFest events are available for audit and will be made available for download via dropbox (or equivalent).
*Lessons are available in Mandarin & Spanish upon request.
Academy participants receive masterclasses (after passing video audition), lessons, seminars and workshops on a variety of topics, as well as evening live online recitals.
Participants in Academy I can also sign up at no additional cost for an online competition exclusive to the program (only active participants in “Academy I” are allowed to participate in the competition). Please see the competition guidelines for more information.
- Lessons and mentoring from the Academy faculty: Jerome Mouffe, Zaira Meneses, Adam Levin, Will Riley, Scott Borg
- Participation in closing festival performance and live mics
- Full access to all GuitarFest livestreams
- Online Masterclasses with faculty and guest artists***: Eliot Fisk, Bill Kanengiser, Ben Verdery, Bruce Holtzman
- Seminars and workshops will include:
- Flamenco techniques with Grisha Goryachev
- Latin American styles with Danilo Cabaluz
- Basso-continuo & baroque performance practice with Nigel North
- Extended technique & repertoire with Maarten Straggier
- NEW! Private lessons available in Spanish and Chinese upon request
*In special cases, younger participants may be accepted in the program. If interested, please inquire.
**Lesson placement based on preference, faculty availability, and audition videos.
***Active masterclass participants will be selected based on their audition video, however, everyone is welcome to attend the masterclasses
Total Fee: $250 (including competition)
Financial assistance available. For questions please contact email@example.com.
Audition for masterclasses:
Participants who wish to take part in the masterclasses could submit their videos (Youtube or Dropbox links) to the email below for audition.